VANAVIL AVVAIYAR FONT
Tamil people are a Dravidian ethnic that with a population of about 77 million living around the world are one of the largest and oldest of the existing ethno-linguistic cultural groups of people in the modern world to exist without a state of their own. Tamils comprise 15.36% of the population in Sri Lanka, 5.91% in India, 5.83% in Mauritius, 5% of the population in Singapore and 5.7% of the population in Malaysia.
Tamil language is a Dravidian language spoken predominantly by Tamil people. It has official status in the Indian states of Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Tamil is also an official and national language of Sri Lanka and one of the official languages of Singapore. It is one of the 22 scheduled languages of India and was the first Indian language to be declared a classical language by the Government of India in 2004. Notable features:
• Type of writing system: syllabic alphabet
• Direction of writing: left to right in horizontal lines
• When they appear the the beginning of a syllable, vowels are written as independent letters.
• Some of the non-standard consonant-vowel combinations are not used in official documents.
• The alphabet was originally written on palm leaves. As a result, the letters are made up mainly of curved strokes which didn’t rip the leaves.
If you wanted to use Tamil language in computer typing then you need to download special fonts that maintain this language. Such a font is VANAVIL AVVAIYAR FONT and you can download it for free from the link after the post.